the least worst of james windsor

because we all like avoiding what we really should be doing.

Tuesday, January 25, 2005

getting old

In the past few months I've started to see all the tell tale signs, that you and your friends are getting old.
I remember around christmas time, attending a party with my brother (though it was his friends) a conversation about mutual funds, and savings accounts. Last weekend my friends were discussing random pains they get in parts of their bodies. People now discuss life after university, and what they are going to do once they have recived their degrees...
Move back closer to home, travel, move to toronto, go to another school, etc...
Another common conversation is visa bills, and how much debt people are in.

The 20 something mid life crisis. I for one don't really mind aging. You can't stop it, so why get bent out of shape over it? I've started to really like classical music, I can grow a beard, and I generally only watch the news on TV.... and dear god I even wear old man slippers. If I had any posessions I would go write a will. ahh yes stipulations for my funeral, burn me on a large open fire, and bag pipe players would be nice... maybe the bob dylan song "restless farewell" could be played.

Anyhow accept your aging, and do it with grace. Nobody like some cranky fuck thats misserble about everything.

Well after watching the movie Pi I was reminded of my love of certain books I remember reading in my youth. Michio Kaku's HYPERSPACE and VISIONS.
These were very interesting books. I also started reading Albert Einstien's "The World as I see it", which I downloaded off of the internet. If you would like a copy of it, just post a comment with your email address, and I will send it to you. The book starts off with a couple great quotes

"Only individuals have a sense of responsibility." --Nietzsche
""a man can do as he will, but not will as he will" -- Schopenhauer

I reccomend reading it, but then again, what the fuck do I know.
may everyone obtain all of the love that they are entitled to... how much love is that? I don't know you decide.

|
Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com eXTReMe Tracker More blogs about james windsor.